[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Dealer Service

>Subject: RE: Dealer Service

>the last time I had the car in...was to fix something that had been messed up
>>during the previous trip

>I'd _gladly_ give up the fancy service reception area [etc] if the technicians
>would diagnose and fix things correctly the first time, and didn't mess
>anything else up while they were at it.

It seems to me that it would actually be in the dealer service dept's. best
interest to do shoddy work.  That way, they can keep you coming back
several times a year, at a greatly increased profit. Forget to turn an
adjustment screw, leave a vacuum hose loose, forget to mention that leak
they noticed, etc.  I don't know how service dept's are reimbursed for
warranty work; but this may also apply to in-warranty service as well.  Who
is going to question the work of a factory-trained mechanic?  Who knows the
car better than he/she?  Do you think that most people can tell good
service from not-so-good service?  I highly doubt it.  As long as the
service mgr. smiles, and wears a clean, white shirt, they'll smile right
back and write the check.

Everybody makes mistakes.  Buy why do factory-trained mechanics make so
many????  And why do they never seem to know about inexpensive fixes that
don't just involve replacing an expensive modular assembly?   I'll bet you
can guess.

<Rant Mode Off>

Barry