[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

320i Cooling Upgrade

Straty Argyrakis <Straty_Argyrakis@domain.elided> ASKS:

Does anyone know of an upgrade to the existing stock 320i radiators? I
need to increase to cooling capacity on my '79 320i. I am willing to
retro fit another style that has a thicker core or even an aftermarket
conversion.

ANSWER: I believe that Metric Mechanic still sells various upgrades to the 320i
cooling system, however, I have two 320s which operate very well on the stock
system.  The only time that I had coolong problems with either of these was due
to a blown head gasket on the 83 and a cracked cylinder head on the 79.  I
suggest that you or a competent technician check out these causes as
possibilities before spending many extra dollars on "upgrades".  However if you
are Turbocharging or something like that, please disregard.
Hope this helps,
Bob
Many BMWs