[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yoko AO32R Tires

 PHILIP C ABRAMI <pabrami@domain.elided> ASKS:

I just got a set of YOKOHOMA A032R 225/50-15 for my 1988 E30 M3. These are
so new that even the Yokohoma and Tire Rack folks couldn't suggest firm
cold pressures for track use. Basically, they said try the BFG R1
recommendations (32F/27R), then use tire chalk and pyrometer readings from
there.

ANSWER:  I have used these at Road Atlanta and Sebring 12 Hour course on a E30
and have found 38 front 34 rear to be about the correct setting for my car and
driving style.  I am still playing with the rear pressures and bar settings but
the fronts are about right.  On this same car I ran 36/32 on R1s.
Hope this helps
Bob
Many BMWs