[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 cool air intake

It is possible to improve the air intake on these cars by modifying the
baffle in the left grill area. This baffle completely blocks air from
passing from the grill opening to the airbox duct.

I removed the front grills, then used a 1" wood bit to cut away most of the
plastic baffle. I also removed an inner rubber seal, accessible if you
remove the cover over the grill area. The result is much more air flow to
the airbox (which I also removed, but that's another story). You will also
get more dirt in the engine compartment.

Regards;
Jerry  '95 M3