[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

About that Service

About Service...My husband and I are past Lexus owners and I have to
say that we were really spoiled by the service at Lexus.  When we
pulled into the service department, there was always someone to greet
us by name and quickly take care of our service needs.  The waiting
area was plush (comfy leather seats), desk and telephones just for
customer use, coffee, donuts, cookies, free unlimited hand car washes,
Saturday BBQs while you wait for your car to be washed, extra friendly
sales people that always visited with you while you waited for the car
wash and of course they would pick up our cars at our home and bring a
loner if we needed service (even an oil change).  Then there was the
big controversy with the Japanese trade agreements and we decided that
we didn't want to take a chance that the dealership would go out of
business and we would then get no service, and also we moved and our
car insurance was going to double, so we decided to buy American and
my husband bought a Lincoln Towncar and I got a Mark 8 (being the
sporty one in the family).  Well talk about going from
"Service-Heaven" at Lexus to "Back to Basics-Service" at Lincoln and
that's putting it nicely..  We pull into the Service area, which is a
large desk at one side where the cars are serviced with all the
accompanying noises, to be greeted by no one and left standing waiting
and wondering if anyone will even acknowledge that we are there.  The
service hours went from 7 am-9 pm M-F and 9-6 on Saturdays to 7-4:30
M-F and no Saturdays (The only time that I could go) shortly after we
bought our cars.  Loaners are at a premium and in short supply and I
recently waited an hour in a tiny, room with a TV and a vending
machine to then be told that my car couldn't be fixed that day because
the part hadn't come in yet.  I had taken a day off of work so that I
could take the car in for this repair because my work and the service
hours are the same.

Well onto a happier story...We discovered BMW. My husband decided to
become the sporty one and just had to have a convertible.  So we
studied and compared and went to visit a well known BMW dealer in our
area and low and behold the sales manager is one of our favorite
former Lexus salesmen.  We got our 328 convertible, they delivered it
to our home which happens to be about 50 miles away, and from there we
are now getting an M3 and couldn't be happier with all things BMW.  I
still have my Mark 8 and love the car but hate the service.  I think I
see a 328 in my future though.

Betsy Sawyer