[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW paint job

Hi all

Just had the bonnet (hood) resprayed on my new estoril blue
M3 evo cabrio after four large stone chips appeared in less
than four weeks. The garage and BMW GB split the cost after
I complained that when the paintwork is hit it seems brittle
to make such large chips compared to my 4 year old 5 series
tourer with 60k miles. BMW said that the paint is the correct
hardness and thickness but the new eco-friendly paint may be
the difference.

This respray also cured the yellow blob left by some black oily
splodge spending less than 1/2hr on my bonnet (sorry - hood)
after a 30 mile drive from London to Kent, UK.

IMHO, the paint is not as resistant as the old stuff.
Take care.
Tony
E-mail: M3FAN@domain.elided
1996 M3 Evo cabriolet, Estoril Blue