[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW's and Jerks

I've had enough of the jerks.  I've decided to log off from the BMW Digest.

BMW's reputation has been tarnished in the past.  In the 80's it was by the
yuppies and their gold chains.  Now it's by a few jerks on the BMW Digest.
 I know just as well as everyone else here that most BMW owners, on the
digest and elsewhere, are car enthusiasts at heart and wonderful people,
just like all the people I've met in the BMWCCA.  But BMW enthusiasts need
to face the fact that they've got a few problem people.  Maybe if BMW
owners can get their act together, they can tell these few jerks to shut up
and stop giving the marque a bad reputation.

A certain Mr. Gary Bossert has used this forum recently to accuse me of
lying and of trying to make him look bad (as if he needed help!).  His
remarks were not appropriate for this forum, and are not worthy of
response.  He misses the point of my more recent posts entirely.  The BMW
digest should be a place for BMW enthusiasts to share information, help
each other, and generally have a good time.  Flaming, false accusations,
and offensive language have no place here.  The only way it will stop is
for other digest members to step up and say, "Enough!"

As for myself, since (with one exception - thanks, MS) the members of this
digest cannot seem to get their act together to object to this nonsense, I
will happily leave this forum.

To all of the list members who continue to participate, I hope it improves
and becomes a worthwhile experience.  To those list members who turn to the
digest seeking assistance, I hope that all your questions get answered.

To BMWCCA members, thanks for keeping it such a great club and keeping the
jerks from taking over.  To Tony, Chet, and Vince, see you at our chapter's
events.

To Todd, Joseph, David, Mary, Gary, Bob, and Jerry, I hope the advice I
have provided on car care products and techniques, both on the digests and
in follow-up private e-mails, has been helpful.  Feel free to continue to
e-mail me privately if I can answer any more questions or otherwise help
further.

To Kevin, in converting from liters per 100 km to mpg, the factor used by
Damien (235.2) is correct.  The difference between his number and mine
(234.7) is because I had rounded on the miles/km conversion.  So if you use
x liters every 100 kM, your mpg is 235.2 divided by x.  Thanks, Damien.

To Richard Welty, thanks for all your hard work for the digest.  Thanks,
too, for all the great information you've put out on the 'net, especially
on all the racetracks.

And to Gary Bossert, I hope that one day you will realize that there is
more to life than being crass and crude.  And remember what my grandfather
said: "Other people can't embarrass you.  You can only embarrass yourself."

Ken Sax
nsxtasy@domain.elided
Former BMW Digest Member