[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Repco Delux Brake Fade

To: internet:bmw-digest@domain.elided

I recently (two weeks ago) purchased Repco Deluxe pads and new
German made rotors for my '84 318i.  I decided on the Repco
Deluxes because they were praised here on the Digest.

After installing the new brakes I made a 200 mile round trip (to
Mid-Ohio Racepark) so I assumed they were well broken-in.
Imagine my surprise when this week, during hard braking from high
speed, I experienced very bad brake fade.  The brakes had plenty
of pedal, I just had to stand on the pedal to slow down.  I've
never experienced brake fade this bad before!

Today I autocrossed the car and had no problems.  Maybe the brakes
needed more break-in time.

I can understand brake fade occurring on new Metal Masters, but is
this a common problem with the Repco Deluxes?

Jay Baudendistel
'318i DSP Autocrosser