[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> Control arms & bushings

About to replace the control arms and bushings in my 1989 325i in
conjunction with spring & shock upgrades.  Considering upgrading to M3
components for "improved handling" and greater longevity (expectations
on my part).  Can anyone offer an opinion on the benefits of, or
drawbacks to, using the aluminum arms; as on later model E30 M3's ('90
& '91, I believe)?  I'm set on the M3 offset bushings because I plan to
utilize the greater wheel clearance but the aluminum arms are tres
expensive.  If I'll bend the alum. version driving around Washington, D.C.,
then I should probably pass.  Thank you in advance.  Couldn't drive this
car without the digest.