[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<damn E30 odometer>

hi--
 if you saw my earlier posts you know that first the odo. was giving me 3
miles for each real mile traveled. then I took it apart and it appeared fine
. the thing is really cranking around. speedo indicates normal but 3-4 mph
faster than the obc tells me(cruise control set then ave. mph function
reset) I can't disconnect the speed sensor or I'll have a ticket pronto. If
speedo and odo get signal from the same place, what to do? that little motor
must be on speed or something. if any brave souls have taken this all the
way apart what was the result? as a poor college student I cannot afford a
new cluster but donations are gladly accepted. If there is no wisdom from
the list then I might dig in and take it apart.(famous last words).
Sean