[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Vibration at 30MPH

At 121K miles my 87 325i has developed a vibration between 25-35 MPH (40-55KPH).
It's a thoroughly annoying problem. There seems also to be a much less
amplified vibration at around 55-65 MPH. Recently I had a shop replace the
tranny output shaft seal during which they had to remove the driveshaft, so
naturally I'm blaming them for lack of a better idea. But before I accuse
them of botching the job...

I put the rear of the car up on stands, removed the wheels and ran it up
to 30MPH - the vibes persisted. Bentley doesn't make the vibration isolation
job sound easy for a mediocre DIY'er, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has
any ideas on what I might do to fix this before sending it to the shop.
There are no accompanying noises that might point to CV joints, etc.

Help?

Matt Graham
msg@domain.elided