[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hertz Renting in Europe

>>PS: The Hertz rates apply only when you rent from the US, they are
about 3 to 5 times more expensive if you rent in europe. They did rent
BMW Compacts(316) for $400 a week but I could not justify it because
they were renting it as a large car. Might have something to do with
the fact that BMWs are popular cars in the US, they did not apply the
standard US discount for these cars.

Renting from the US is SUPPOSED to be cheaper than renting in europe.  So when
I went on vacation, I rented from the US.  Hertz also told me that "Porsches
and BMWs" were not available to rent.  "Hmmm", I said.  When I finally reached
Munich and went on to pick up the car, I asked what were the weekend rates.
Well guess what?  It was MUCH cheaper.  I got the weekend rate for $160.  This
was Thu night to Mon before noon.  I wasn't about to argue and cancelled the
previous reservation.  Further, there were BMWs galore and I ended up with an
E36 four door.  There were also Porsches for rent, though not through Hertz.
The Porsche conv.  was $400 per day.  Well, maybe next time...

Armand