[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: tii Brake Pulling

          Michael,
               	    Let me second Fred Beck's post on the flexible brake
          hoses being the problem. My '73 3.0s had the brake hoses pretty
          much plugged, I discovered this when I was rebuilding the car & a
          rebuilt caliper I had just put on would not bleed, only a pathetic
          trickle of fluid would come out of each bleed nipple (FYI: there
          are 3 bleed nipples on each caliper on these, and 2 lines to each
          caliper, thus 2 flexible hoses). After going crazy trying to figure
          out what was wrong, having already replaced: both front calipers,
          master cylinder, all (I mean ALL) steel brake pipes, I finally
          pulled the hoses & tried to run a small welding rod through. They
          were plugged. I replaced all the flexible hoses (all 6 of them) and
          that cured the problem.

          Hope this helps

          Colin         WA1KWA

          bracec@domain.elided