[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 Dealer Lazy Wiring

>>...it turned out that a small siren horn should have been INCLUDED with the
alarm system.  It was the dealer that wired the system to car's horn instead.
The dealer said that for the 325's, they typically opt to just connect it to
the car's horn...."it
makes for a much cleaner installation"

They gave you BS.  They didn't have to "wire" anything for that horn.  If your
car came with an OBC, the OBC has its separate alarm horn.  The regular car
horn(s) are located on the driver side (both of them).  The OBC horn is located
on the passenger side.  Anyway, they didn't have to wire anything 'cause it's
already pre-wired.  Their instructions for installing the siren is also VERY
easy.  It comes with it's own bracket and that all the dealer would have to do
is to literally screw the nut and bolt together and connect the harness plug
(unplug it from the OBC horn first) into the siren plug.  It seems to me that
they just didn't feel like putting in the siren.

>>...the siren that comes with the factory alarm is rather wimpy sounding
itself,...

Hmmm.  That siren is the same siren that Alpine uses for their regular
aftermarket units.  It should be between 120 and 125 decibels strong.  Love to
see if they installed the right siren...