[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problems with a '86 323i

Hello everybody !

I own for 2 years a '86 323i.  I really enjoy it, but it haves some defaults.

1/ First of all, there's an anoying vibration in the steering-wheel if the
speed is over 130 km/h (80 mph).  It stops over 160 km/h (95 mph).

Since I bought the car in Paris, the right-rear alloy rim was dead.  It often
happens there because people have to park on side-walk.
I swaped this alloy-rim with a new one.  The vibration is less important
but still exists.

I had my wheel-alignement checked, but it was ok.  Of course, tires are well
balanced (I don't know the word in english - sorry).  I bought 4 new shocks
absorber, but nothing changed.

I swap every 3000 miles the front and rear wheel but there's no influence.

The tires were new when I bought the car, and after 40000 km (25000 miles)
there's more than 4mm left.

Anyone as an idea?

2/ The exhaust system is nearly dead, but I have to wait to change it.

Does it have any influence on the injection system and on the fuel
consumption ?

3/ I read that there'll be a brand new BMW factory in South-Carolina.

Does anybody know the exact address ?

I thank in advance anyone for help and thank you in you'd read
me up there dispite my grammar :-)

Pierre F-F.