[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

european delivery -- more

Just a few add-ons to my recent post about european delivery:
1. Try to leave enough time to tour the BMW museum (2 hours) & the factory.

2. If you ship privately out of Antwerp, avoid buying a good sound
system in Europe because of break-in problems on the docks. Do this in
North America after the car has arrived. In any event, my
experience suggests that North Americans are better at installing
high-end stereo. 1 Dutch BMW dealer in Den Haag nearly wrecked my
trunk (boot) in 1978. Fortunately, BMW made him repent & restore my
car to normal.
(I am not just generalizing from one experience; all
of my European friends do not know about high-end stereo; by contrast,
North Americans do -- it is not nearly as prevalent in Europe.)
- --
Barry Wellman           wellman@domain.elided            8-)