[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Opinions wanted on 1981 528i

Hello gang,

This is my first post, so if I screw up and irritate you, please
don't email me saying that you're gonna kill my new dog.

Anyway, I don't now own a BMW, have always wanted a 5 series, have
always resisted the urge, but now am faltering.  I have the opportunity
to purchase a 1981 528i in excellent condition, with all maintainence
records, and 155K on the odometer for about $3K.  I like the older
models, and this one appears to be in fine shape.  My questions are
basically these:

	1) Is this a fair price for the vehicle.  My NADA price guide
	   goes back only to 1987, listing the average retail of a
	   528e at $7775.  Price sounds right for an '81.

	2) Being inherently ignorant of the BMW marque, is there an
	   overriding reason not to buy a 528 or a 1981 model?  Are
	   the next generation vehicles that much better?

Thanks for your replies, and if you want to keep them in confidence for
fear of offending your fellow BMWers, please email them instead to

rsmith@domain.elided

Thanks, and good motoring,

- -bob