[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 88 M3 questions

Enter your message below. Press CTRL/Z when complete, or CTRL/C to quit:
Funny... I drive a 88' M3 and also drive an 84' Rabbot in the winter (I
live in Wisconsin).

anyway... Dinan did testing on mufflers and found that the stock BMW
did the most power.  The article was in European car around mid 1994.
Mine rusted out and I replaced it with two "glass packs".  It
is pretty loud however.  Roundel has M3 mufflers in the
classifieds every so often. Even used ones!

On the exhaust cam...  I have driven behind/infront of E30
M3's with chips, cams, springs, intake air ducts... etc.. and at
my level drivers skill is much more important.  Did you feel
the difference when you put in the chip?  (besides the rev
limiter advance that you shouldn't really take advantage of).
Most people I talk to can't tell the difference.

Here's some real world stuff... The chicago chapter recently
helod an event at the local drag strip.  I was running between
1 and 4 tenths behind highly modifed E30 M3's.  AND I wasn't
really trying... what I mean is I was trying to save my
transmission, diff, and cv joints for a more ahem, german
way of driving.  Some guys were't using the clutch much.

Like you I'm constantly reconsidering everything above.  But
I alway's come back to the main reason I bought the car... It's
ready to go out of the box...  (except for the R1 tires of course!).

jp