[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Water pump on E28

I just changed the water pump on my 535'85.. It was fairly easy.. the
worst thing was tacking the big 32mm fan clutch bolt!! Tapping with a
hammer as Hayes says didn't work. I finally had to stick something under
the belt and the alternator pulley, put some tension on the belt but
got the thing off.. All else was fine. if anybody plans this soom, let me
know and I can get into details..

Found out that BMW CCA members get 45% off parts!!  and that at the
dealer, beats Bavarian for sure (or does mail order shops give it too?)

and also..  one of our local auto parts stores are closing shop and after
30 mins of looking through piles of BFG tires I found a couple of TRXs
390,55,220  (funny that i have the same size too) the store didn't even
know that they had it!  Current price is around $100!!!!!!! I was just
excited and wanted had to tell somebody. The ones I have lasted around
25K only..

Now I have to go replace part of the door lock in 30F weather..

- -------------------------------------
On the ticking fuel injectors:
Mine did the same (535i'85) I can hear the ticking even on the hwy, but
seems to have gone now.. They seem to tick more in hot weather (summer 70-80)

- -------------------------------------
On the lock heaters:
More more feather I'll point out when selling my car =) Didn't see anything
in the manual.. Why would it heat up every time the door is opened?? :-|

- -------------------------------------
Long time ago I posted on ABS light coming on over 75mph.. I asked at the
friendly dealer service and they pointed (like the net wisdom) to the
dirty wheel sensors, the also said it might be caused by having different
size tires (front,rear) Different turning speeds? If ones are worn more that
the others??  BTW, the rear sensor is $175 with CCA discount ;-(  Clean
those suckers

Sorry for the long post,, cold weather and holidays gets you..

Ash
535 '85

**** Why aren't there any driving schools when grad students have time to go?