[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

BMW (Alpine) CD changer woes...

Anyone have trouble with the BMW changer (Alpine version)?  It is mounted in a
94 E36 using the normal BMW mounting kit (under the passenger side trunk
ceiling).

The problem is that under certain non reproducible conditions the disk being
played begins to skip (sounds like it is on fast forward).  Upon inspection of
the disk I always find specs of some sort of greasy substance.  Once
carefully rubbed off the disk tracks normally.  The bad news is the disk was
definitely clean when it went into the player.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Can I expect the BMW service guys to do
anything but say "It didn't happen during the test drive"?

Thanks,

Jim