[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tape player hiss and terrible bass response :-(

Although my stereo seems to put out sufficient power, there are to
problmes which annoy me to no end:

1. When playing a tape (I haven't added the cd changer just yet) I
noticed the player puts out a LOT more hiss, even with Dolby NR turned
on, than my other car stereos. I already tried cleaning the heads and it
didn't really seem to make a difference. If I play any "soft" music, the
amount of hiss drives me crazy! Anyone have any idea what can be done
short of replacing the whole unit?

2. The bass is really terrible. If I turn it up more than two notches
past the "center marker", the music starts to get all distorted. I
suspect that I just need new speakers (I hope the build in amp can
handle it) and that will help fix the problem.

Anybody have any LOW BUDGET ideas? (Im still paying the credit card
bills from november and december)

Any info would be helpful!

FS.
92 535i