[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Radar detectors and more...

Hello fellow bimmer-heads,

I took another trip to Florida (live in MD) and took along my Bell 645sti.

Here's what i have learned from this trip :

Most of the Poleech dont use Radar at all. The ones that do use it, turn it on
only when they want to clock a driver. The 645sti did not save my but a single
time on a 2000mile trip.

As for laser, I got zapped twice, and luckily I wasn't speeding at that
instant. Note that the Jacksonville,Fla Poleech park their cars at the bottom
of a bridge/overpass. They then point the laser gun at the peak of the bridge
towards oncoming traffic. since laser (actually its infrared beam) does not
bend or disperse, the poleech beam will hit a car at the top of the bridge,
and will continue to travel towards the sky.Thus its impossible for your laser
detector to pick it up. Once you're over the bridge your detector goes off and
you pay up for the rest of your life (insurance companies dont forget !).

I have found that the "rabbit" method, is the best protection, especially
when used with other methods. For the non-initiated the "rabbit" method is the
following :

Let another driver speed in front of you. Keep a constant distance of 300feet
between his/hers and your car. If that driver brakes (possibly after seeing a
cop or being clocked) you slow down. If the guy gets VASCARed (timed), the cop
will come out of his hidding spot, and run after the guy. If you maintain the
300ft distance, the cop will pull in front of you, and he/she/it will pursue
your "rabbit".

Its sad when we have to play such games here, but when you live in a
fascist state, when the goverment and big interest takes our rights away
we just cannot be like Barney (I love you, you love me..).

Whats really sader (maybe scary) is when so many Americans are not aware of
the rights they loosing. Every American should go to Canada or Sweden to see
what a healthcare system should be, go to Germany or Italy to see how fast
educated drivers can go (more that 180mph) and last stop in the Greece where
you can walk in the nude at the beaches and nobody will bother you.

Greece by
the way has the lowest rape statistics, Germany has fewer accidents per capita
than the US, and in Canada YOU pick your doctor and pay only $15 (yes even on
the first visit ;state doctors and tests are free).So why are we still loosing
our rights ?

Vlasis
95 ///M3
He who has not sinned, may cast the first flame.