[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

another '02 electrical question

Hi,
Looks like someone's auto-reply might give us another endless mail loop
over the weekend. I'll make this short:
I replaced my worn-out 32/36 DGAV with a fresh DGV, now the car runs great
but the instrument cluster/automatic choke fuse blows out every time I step
on the gas. I suspect it has something to do with the two wires that used
to be connected to the DGAV. One was connected to the electric choke; the
other went from the ignition coil to what looked like an electrically
regulated air jet (?) above the accelerator pump (it doesn't interchange
with its counterpart on the DGV). I got rid of the latter wire and left the
former dangling. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks in advance!      Q  '72 '02

qtang@domain.elided <or> qtang@domain.elided

 phone: (901)-448-7017 <or> (901)-448-7557
 fax:  (901)-448-7193