[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need advice on '85 M5

I'm currently looking at an '85 M5.  It was grey market and supposedly
has the appropriate papers.  I'm looking for some information on the
'85 M5s.  Mainly I want to be sure it IS an M5.  Stupid me, I didn't think
to write down the VIN, and honestly don't remember if the engine said
M-power on it (I was too busy dreaming I guess).  The car has all of the
trimmings, tri colors etc.  I also have the number of the mechanic that
worked on the car so I'll call him on monday.

Two things bother me about the car:
   1) Not as powerful as I expected...I thought that in '85 it had 275hp
   2) Its an automatic...I thought the M5s were manuals

Otherwise its a beautiful black 5-series thats never seen snow.  Anyway
thiis will be my first BMW (drawing me from SAABs) and these little
things nag at me...

  Thanks-
  Greg