[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1991 325i Black Paint Problem

WebForum-Sender: (Afzal Ballim) <afzal@domain.elided>
WebForum-Sender-URL: http://issco_www.unige.ch/
WebForum-Reference: http://issco_www.unige.ch/WebForum/
WebForum-In-Reply-To: BMWebGateway#000359;
NOTE: Send mail to <afzal@domain.elided> to reply to originator of message.

I don't know about anyone else, but I find BMW paint to be very
sensitive. My first E36 was a '91 318i in metallic black. The
paint required extreme attention to prvent rain, bird droppings,
tree sap, car washes, etc. from seriously degrading it.

Last January I received a 318is in metallic blue. This is only
slightly less sensitive than the black one I had previously. If
I don't clean off bird droppings or dead bugs within a few hours
I end up with a "stain" on the bodywork that is almost impossible to
work out, short of using abrasive polishes which ruin the finish
anyway.

Does anyone else have similar experience with BMW paint?
- -Afzal