[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Euro 635CSI Questions

Greetings,

I'm about to purchase one such animal (an '81), and have a couple of questions:

1.  did they all come with limited slip diffs?  If not, how could I tell if
        the one I'm buying has one?

2.  does anyone have the gear ratios of the close ratio 5speed (Getrag with
        dogleg 1st gear), and of the differential?

3.  I'll be having a professional diagnostic done on the car.  Any pointers
        on known congenital problems (i.e. chronic fuel injection hiccups?)

4.  the acceleration was a little softer than I expected.  when loafing at
        3000 RPM in 3rd gear (about 40mph), I stepped on the accelerator
        and it really didn't take off like I expected.  Is this normal? I
        know these are heavy cars, but could something be wrong, such as a
        flat cam or bad distributor?

5.  lastly, if anyone is interested in trading notes in person in the SF
        bay area with 6 series, I would like to speak to you.

        Cheers,

        John Gong

jgong@domain.elided

John Gong:  Internetworking Consultant,Designer,Implementer,Fixit Man