[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem with bell radar?

From: gary@domain.elided (Gary Cook, Dir. Tech Services, MCE, Inc.)
>Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 16:49:31 PST
>Subject: Re: Bel Radar Detector going nuts in BMW
>
>Yep, it's normal.  I posted this to the group a few months ago.  My
>detector seems to work normally in the Jeep Cherokee, but loose it's
>mind when connected to the '90 325i.  Sometimes I would go out to the
>car and find it constantly in laser alert.  Other times I would drive
>down the road and it would start blasting false K band alerts.
>
>I called Bel.  They said it was EMI and sent me a "Cap Cord" to
>eliminate the problem.  It seems to help, but not eliminate the
>problems.

I have a Yupitura MVT7100 handheld scanner.  It's one of the best handheld
scanners out (and not available in the US).  This scanner can't keep
squelch (spell?) when it's inside an 89 E30 M3.  I think maybe E30 cars
are not shielded very well cuz I know it has high EMI emissions.  I also
attribute some of the EMI from my Alpine 8040 radar sensor (which is always
on).

Gary