[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rims on E28 car

Joe, this subject has been pretty well beaten into the ground, but I thought
I would add the following comment: I picked up a set of factory standard wheels
from the 525i/735i series for my '86 524td E28. These wheels are 15x7, with a
flat face, sort of aero look (not ugly, not great). They provide a plus 1
fitment (and of course, they do fit perfectly), they keep the factory look, and
there are lots of them around. Most dealers will have a set of "take-offs"
sitting in the parts room from the last 525i purchaser that had to have a set
of 535i wheels. So, I picked up a set of four @ $150 (for all four in perfect
condition). I am running 225/50s on them; this tire size is too big for a
7" wheel, but they look and work great until they get too worn. With a diesel,
I need all the extra revs I can get.

- -cb
'86 524td (525i wheels)
Chris Blumenthal