[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Opinions on 5-speed 530i

I'm looking for opinions on the 5-speed E34 530i.  I personally would
prefer a 6-speed 540i, but my budget in a couple of months may be
limited, so I am forced to consider an alternative.  I know that the
car is slightly more hp than my 635CSi, but a bit short on torque, by
11lb.ft. I think.  Has anyone ever driven one with the 3.0 litre V8?
I've been told by the sales people at the local dealership that the car
is still pretty quick and smooth on the highway and has good torque
characteristics for city driving.  I wish too that the M-Tech suspension
is available on the 530i, but it's only available with the 6-speed option
on the 540i.  Any opinion or comments would be greatly appreciated.

		* Roy Kao - e0ewqbwu@domain.elided *
		*    '88 BMW 635CSi  '93 VW Corrado VR6	   *
		*     "Why fly when you can DRIVE?...."    *