[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Microfiche Project

Rod, copyright is a complicated subject. By changing the medium in which
the E28 parts list is embodied, you may be infringing BMW's copyright (or,
they may perceive that you are infringing their copyright). If you were doing
this solely for your personal use, I think that you could argue that you were
making "fair use" of the materials; however, the use you describe exceeds any
concept of fair use. Unfortunately, the best, safest, and often simplest
solution is to get the formal (written) approval of the copyright owner for
the use that you intend to make of the copyrighted material. I have not dealt
with BMW on anything like this, but perhaps it would be amenable to your
project.

- -cb
'86 524td
Chris Blumenthal