[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Last word on last virus message

I've been receiving a lot of grief from a couple of mail lists I
belong to about the message I posted regarding a virus that my company
has received.  I sent the warning in case I posted the virus by
mistake.  It seems to be a uuencoded executable that looks like a text
file which executes when you double click on the file (I use CC:Mail
with Windoz).  For those that thought it was a hoax or have it removed
automatically, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth.  I was not trying
to propogate a "chain letter" of any kind (I hate them personally &
would never try to send one on).  I actually rec'd the message w/ the
attachment, so IMHO I thought I was helping.  I am sorry there are
those that disbelieved me & had to send a retort.
Brian