[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

323i engine into 320i..?

	I have decided to ask for the wisdom of the net on this one.  I am
interested in doing an engine transplant into my '81 320i.  The engine is for
sale in the December Roundel as follows:  1982 323i engine, fresh head (less
than 3000mi) upgraded cam, new "freeze plugs" (what are these?), and timing
belt.  includes fuel injection fuel distributor, starter, wiring harness and
brain.  All that for $950...I ask whether or not it is going to be a nightmare
to try and drop this into my 320i.  I am assuming that the engine is an
inline-6, right?

PS--for those of you who wanted copies of the BMW article from South Carolina,
    i suggest that you try and call the Greenville News..copies are going to
    cost huge $$$!