[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Location of 533i OBC relay?

>          I have a friend with an '83 533i that has a very
>          intermittent starting problem.  Sometimes when the key is
>          turned, absolutely nothing happens...
>
>          He suspects two things at this point.
>
>          1) The ignition switch.
>
>          2) The OBC relay (wherever the 'Code' or 'Lock' functions go
>          to).

I had the OBC relay go out on me some time ago in my '87 'es.  The
car *would* crank, but would not start.  If *nothing* happens when
he turns the key, I'd look elsewhere.

On the 3er the OBC relay is in a 3"x4"x1" box with several green
plugs in the bottom that is attached near the firewall slightly to
the left of the steering column.  It is way up in there, so a little
tough to see till you pull stuff out.

good luck,
rick
'87 325es