[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wiper fix and oil drain plug

The windshield wiper section of the FAQ is dead on. I'd been putting off doing
something about my jerky wipers because I thought it would be a PITA but it
actually only took about an hour to take apart and clean.  They work just
fine now.

Here's another problem though.  Do any of you know the best/easiest way to
repair the threads on the oil drain plug?  I'd really like to helicoil it,
but I'm afraid
of getting crap from tapping it out into the engine.  Opinions on whether
just pouring
a bunch of oil down the filler while tapping would be ok?

Last oil change I tried some kind of Loctite thread repair and it held just
fine but
didn't survive the removal of the plug.   Anyone had success with any other
types?

Thanks,
Garrett
83 533i 181k     ...presently unsaleable........