[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More on K-Jet idle

Continueing from my last post, i think I have found the problem, but need
some more info.  Please see below:

I went back out to look at the car and started playing with the vacuum lines.
 The line going to the vacuum advance, which was coming from a connection on
the bottom of the throttle body (at approximately where the butterfly plate
sits) was not getting any vacuum at all, even with the engine revving.  The
other line, to the  retard on the distributor, was plugged into vacuum on the
mainfold.  On my car, there was a line that came out of the top of the
throttle body (also at approximately where the butterfly plate sits) that was
blocked off.  I examined it, and the length was just about the perfect length
for fitting onto the advance.  Hmm...I plugged that into the vacuum advance,
which jacked up the idle.  I reduced the idle with the adjustment screw and
now it the idle stays low all the time!

Obviously the previous owner or his mechanic monkied with the vacuum lines.
 Now that I think I have the problem solved, i want to make sure that i am
connecting the hoses to the right lines.  Can anyone confirm where these
lines are supposed to come from?

Thanks a bunch!!

Paul King