[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Wheel repair upsets balance?

>From: David Kao <dsk@domain.elided>
>I thought maybe it was because the wheel
>had been repaired. So the question is, anyone have any idea what's causing
>this problem?

Coming from a troubleshooting job, I'm a fan of isolation as a means of
determining what the problem is.  It would seem that the problem must be
either with the tire, the wheel, or that you somehow damaged the car.  Try
rotating the tires.  If the problem changes, you know it is the tire or
wheel.  At this point I'd take it back to who ever fixed it.  <Bing! light
bulb in my head>  I seem to remember that a full-blown spare tire and rim
were included.  You could just put that on to isolate it so.  Or even as a
fix if the rim can not be fully repaired.

Glad to see your M3 is not being kept tied up in the back yard!  Shame on
you for drooling over those performance parts and owning an M3!  Only us
318is owners have permission to do that.

Jimmy Shrake
Current: '93 318is
Previous: '85 325e (150k)

jim@domain.elided