[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: one person brake bleeders

>	I bought a cheaper version of the same bleeder (same manufacturer)
	from IAP (italian parts place). It works but I was unable to
	get a seal between the *vacuum device and the bleeder nipple* that
	didnt leak as it was drawing on the brake line. As a result, I
	had to vacuum each caliper many more time than the manual suggested.

Tha actual problem here is the leakage of air around the bleeder nipple. In
every case I've tried (BMWs and Volvos), the treads are loose enough that air
gets sucked right around the bleeder nipple. I even tried putting teflon tape
on the threads with no beneficial effect!

Get an old master cylinder reservoir cap (try mechanics or even dealers; BMW
and Volvo are the same for my year cars), put a screw-on tire valve stem in the
top and pressurize your system to bleed it. Works great with no question of
where the air's going.

Frank