[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Radiator fans

I second Thi's comment about the shrapnel-in-training.  If you don't know the
age of your radiator fan on an older BMW - CHANGE IT NOW.  Leave work early
to do it! (hey - its as good an excuse a s any ;-) ).

Seriously, I had mine blow up the first or second time I drove my first tii,
it ripped a gash in my radiator and to this day I don't know why the engine
didn't fry, the coolant ran out so fast.  I have also seen cracks on other
fans that didn't look to bad  otherwise.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think maybe the black ones are more
durable than the red.

Cheap insurance - change it!

Michael Nover
88 M5 (come to think of it, I ought to check the fan in it)