[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"I'm a big fan" for 2002s

	Electric fans _do_ fit under the grilles of a 2002.
You should pull the grilles and likely the radiator too:
with no plastic fan on the engine, it'll pull out more
easily.  I've seen those fans which mount on the core,
and I'm satisfied that they'll live long if properly
mounted and not hurt the radiator.  Some fans are slimline
and inherently fit better, while others are smaller diameter
and will fit w/ A/C.  A nice 8" fan is all you need. I've
got a Hayden electric fan (about $65) and it was a perfect
fit on my old '68.  Never got around to mounting it on the
'75.

	Hayden also sells (separately or included) a thermo-
static relay kit.  It has an  alcohol bulb which you stick
under the top radiator hose and has an adjustable switch for
cuton temperature.  By the way, DON'T stick it on the LOWER
radiator hose.  :)

				thi v.