[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 325is MPG

I've noticed over many years of driving that most cars seem to get
the best mileage in the 40-50 mph range.  I'm willing to guess that
the car magazines do a lot of testing over "country roads" where
these are the average speeds, and thus in the optimal efficiency
range.  My recent experience in my M3 backs this up.  Not only was
200 miles on a day trip on the back roads of New Hampshire an
absolute blast, I got nearly 27 MPG (versus my usual urban/interstate
mix of about 22).  But, this is all speculation on my part.