[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 Speakers

On Sun, 27 Nov 1994 Stanley Phan wrote:

> Front Speakers:  Has anyone found a good location for front
> speakers?  I think it would be a bad idea to cut holes in my door
> panels since they are in very good condition. Are there other
> alternatives...like maybe under the dash (??) or  ??
> I could live w/o the front ones but I just wanted to get some
> ideas.

	I would agree with Mr. V, don't cut up your door panels, they
will be expensive to replace if you later decide you want to restore the
car to it's origianl condition (or something like that). Putting them
under the dash is about the best place you'll find, and the plastic
pieces uder the dash on the far left and right won't cost much at a
junkyard to replace (I found some pre-cut ones that I got with a bunch of
other goodies for $10). Yes you'll proably lose the highs, but you could
get 2 of those small tweeters and mount them just about anywhere. Maybe
someone in rec.car.audio will have better sugestions (maybe even someone
with a 2002). Good luck, that's one of my projects for after fixing the
stuff needed to pass MA state inspection.