[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K-Jet idle problems

From: Peakay@domain.elided
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 1994 11:16:06 -0500
Subject: ** K-Jet Idle Problem **

>The problem with my car is that i cannot get it to stay at one idle speed.
>All other functions of the system are great, the car runs superbly
>everywhere else.   When I set the idle, there is a range in the adjustment
>where the speed drops rapidly  from around 1500 rpms to 700 (a "hissing
>sound" can also be heard as the adjustment is turned).  Once I get it set at
>a speed that is close to normal, it later will be raised to too high a level
>or will drop to an unaccptable level.

My Audi 4000 has a similar K-Jet system and I experienced exactly the same
problem as described above last year.  After trying everything else I could
think of, I eventually got around to swapping the auxillary air valve with a
spare that was lying around (along with one of the air hoses attached to it,
which was rotted and cracked) and the problem not only went away but stayed
away.

NOTE: This air valve was electrically operated so perhaps I'm talking about
something entirely different than what's on a 323i...

              [ E-Mail: AudiDudi@domain.elided  |||  BTCC in 1995! ]