[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E36 325is MPG

Having read a number of test reports on the 325(i) and (is), I have always
been puzzled by the disrepancy between the MPG most of the car
magazine testers manage (25-28mpg) and what I get (especially since I
assume they have a lead foot like myself).  Since buying my 325is last
year, I have averaged around 20 mpg according to the OBC.  My regular spot
checks based on mileage driven/gas pumped show that I tend to get around
16-18 mpg for city driving, and around 22-23 mpg for highway driving
(65-70mph avg). How does this compare with other owners of this model? I
mentioned the MPG to the dealer, they seemed a little surprised but
found no problems in their diagnostics check.  Thanks.