[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

K-Jet idle

I've never worked on the 323, but the f.i. may be similar to my Jetta. On
the VW, there is an auxiliary air valve, controlled by a tachometer
circuit, which opens to increase the idle if it drops too low. It opens
at 750 RPM and closes at 1100 RPM.

If the normal idle is set too low, the valve opens and boosts the idle.
If the boosted idle is below 1100, it stays that way. But if the idle
drifts up a little, the valve closes and the idle drops. If the slow idle
is above 750, it stays that way, but if it drifts higher....

To adjust the Jetta, one starts with a high idle, then brings it down, so
that the valve never opens.

- -TC