[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

02 Stereo system upgrade, speaker sizes?

I'm in the process of revamping my stereo...I put in a new radio
and have been using it for while but I'm in the market for some
new speakers and maybe an amp.

I was wondering what's the largest speakers I'm gonna get in the
rear deck (with the rear window in place).  It looks like the
clearance is a bit tight. Will 4x6's fit?  I imaagine it's
gonna be a bit tricky cutting the deck...but first I want to
know the size...then worry about part 2.

Front Speakers:  Has anyone found a good location for front
speakers?  I think it would be a bad idea to cut holes in my door
panels since they are in very good condition. Are there other
alternatives...like maybe under the dash (??) or  ??
I could live w/o the front ones but I just wanted to get some
ideas.

Thanks

- -Stanley Phan
'72 2002