[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tires recommendation (E36)

That's IT!  I'm getting new tires for my E36 325is.  The stock Eagle
GS-N sucks!

I get wheel slip easily even on dry ground.  On wet ground, the tires
make the car a hazard to drive.  It was drizzling this morning, knowing the
limits of the tires, I drove in my non-aggressive mode.  Yet, my car
actually skidded (the ABS went into action) when I braked (a very soft one)
for a stop sign.

Since I'm getting new tires, I figured that's a good excuse for getting a
new set of wheels too :-).  I'm thinking of getting 16"/17" wheels and 225
tires.  I'd like to hear some comments and advices from you guys.

I'm looking for high performance in dry conditions and reasonable good
performance on wet ground.

Looking forward to your comments.

jin
'92 325is

- --

| ~{UE>"3e    0X?K@34sQ'~}     teo@domain.elided                |
| J.C. Teo    UC Berkeley                                                |
| ~{HLR;J1#,7gF=@K>2!#MKR;2=#,:#@+Ll?U~}                                 |
| "The trouble with being punctual is that people think you have nothing |
| more important to do."                                                 |