[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tire Size (correction)

After I posted this, I realized there is a confusing term in the formulas:

Where it says "Rolling Diameter" it should just say "Circumference"

In fact the diameter itself (if you ever need it) is just equal to the first
formula without the 3.14159 (pi) factor.

>   If a tire specs (in current standard denomination) are WDT/ASR-WHS

>   Where:

>    	  WDT = Thread width (in milimeters)
>   	  ASR = Aspect Ratio (in nn)
>    	  WHS = Wheel size (in inches)

>   then:

>   Rolling Diameter = 3.14159  x  [(WDT x ASR) + WHS]
>    (in inches)  ^		     ---------
    	  	  |		       1270

    	  		   63360		      |
    	  		Rolling Diam. <----------------

>   For 195/65-14, these numbers come out at 75.336 in. and 841.0

>   P.S.:  I just made up these formulas and it's late at night.....  So it
>   would be preferable if somebody could confirm them (or check them
>   against the computer program).				 ^

I would appreciate if somebody actually did this checking _______|

Andres
ajaime@domain.elided