[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brown froth & emblem replacement

To all of you who are repairing a possible head gasket problem on 528e and
325e motors, you would be well advised to inspect the camshaft journal area
in the center of the head. We have seen several heads in my shop that were
cracked in this area. The cracks are very small and may require machine
shop inspection.
To replace all BMW hood and trunk emblems: Take a soft cloth and a small
bladed straight screwdriver and pry the emblems carefully upward. They are
held in with small plastic retainers. These should be replaced with the emblem.

Michael McAdams
Church Street Garage
Stuart, Fl.

1976 2002 (one owner)