[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lousy Dealers

Hi! I just wanted to find out if this is standard for BMW's or is
it just my dealer. I paid the deposit for a Oxford Green 525i a couple
of weeks ago. But the dealer (who until then was very enthusiastic
about making a deal) said it would be atleast Thanksgiving before I
got my car. Gave me some speel about how the car needs to come from
Germany etc etc. I have been calling him since but every time, they
tell me that the car has left the prep center in LA and they are at
the mercy of the trucking company and can't trace the car. Now, if
UPS can trace a parcel, why can't a giant like BMW keep tabs on where
their cars are.
My question is whether this is just a one-time incident with my dealer
(Stevens Creek BMW in Santa Clara) or is it normal that it takes so long.
My personal opinion is that he just wants to have his way with me coz
I bargained and got a good price.
Regards
Jai Durgam