[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotor Hex Screw problems

A previous post asked?
> Has anyone successfully removed this part (front rotor locating screw)
with resorting to destructive force? Clues anyone?

I have changed rotors several times on my '85 535i and have always had problems
with the rotor locating screw. My advice is to buy a stock of rotor screws, and
have a drill and Easy-out tool handy. These screws inevitably weld themselves
into the hub.

If BMW engineers ever look at this usegroup, I would recommend that they change
the design of this part so that it may be re-used, and not require drilling.

Jerry Skene     '85 535i     '93 325i